There’s more than just surgery
Surgery is not just performing operations. A surgeon is part of a scientific community and college of other surgeons. Lyndon Bradley believes in ongoing education, advancement of science and technologies, training of future surgeons, and maintenance of standards and practice. Participating in the national and international community ensuring up to date techniques, new technologies and the ongoing scientific progress of the profession.
Along with his ongoing clinical practice Lyndon also:
- reviews research and scientic publications for international journals prior to their publication
- Employs a research coordinator
- Runs database with patient centered follow up and outcomes
- Participates in national and International research groups and clinical trials
- Runs the surveillance hip dysplasia for the children of Northland
- Participates in local teaching program for training registrars
- Instructs at Australasia instructional course lectures
- Is a member of the NZ Orthopaedic Association and completes the required continuing education
- Is the SET trainee supervisor for Northland overseeing future orthopaedicsurgeons
- Publishes and presents research locally, nationally and internationally.
- Travels to conferences, labs, workshops and observations of surgery regularly to participate, share and learn at every opportunity.